We’re had a change of plans and have decided to hold off a few weeks on the next release of BlogEngine.NET. While we initially wanted to make more of a patch release, we’ve kept adding more and more into it. The new features need time for perfecting and really more than anything, we want another solid release.
However, since we are taking extra time and packing it full of features, we’re going to make the next release 1.3. Here is a sampling of what to look forward to in BlogEngine.NET 1.3:
- Full mono support (right out of the box)
- Updated Metaweblog API including support for creating/editing pages in WLW.
- Improved Blog importer/exporter, including support for easily switching between XML and SQL backends
- New extension manager to managing extensions and their settings.
- New events for extension writers
- Support for mobile devices
- New themes
Version 1.3 will be released before Christmas 2007. As soon as we feel it is ready, we'll release it for the world. In the meantime, if you can't possibly wait another day, you're welcome to try the latest build from CodePlex and let us know if you experience any issues. The more testing we have, the better the release will be.